A month of Rioja…..
Whether you love Rioja wine, enjoy exploring new wine styles or sampling new varieties, you’re in for a treat for this October with the Shop Rioja promotion. Taking place at over a 120 outlets across the UK, for the whole month you’ll have the opportunity to taste and purchase some of the region’s most thought after wines for a reduced price. From dinners, to in-store tastings, fun events and reductions across a whole host of wines, make sure you don't miss out.
Check out what is happening near you….
If you prefer to discover the flavours of Spain’s flagship region from the comfort of your own home, check out what online retailers are involved.
- McDonalds Wine Store will be offering special reductions on all Rioja wines but you’ve got to move fast and, the first 50 customers ordering a 6 bottle case and will also receive a Rioja themed complimentary gift. That’s not all, if the first 5 customers to purchase 12 bottles of red Rioja wine will be given an instant aerator (worth £20.00).
- De Vinos, Slurp and Winebulance Wine Club will also be offering discounts across selected Rioja wines.
- Hoults Wine Merchant, Huddersfield, will be hosting an exclusive Tapas and Paella evening with Carlos Delage of CVNE for £25.00 per ticket on Thursday 8th October. To book your ticket, visit their website here.
- John Hattersley Wines, Bakewell, will be offering reductions on selection Rioja wine as well as some special Rioja in-store tasting throughout the month.
- Martinez Wines will be hosting a Bodegas Riojanas tasting on Tuesday 20th October at the Bingley Wine Bar as well as selling Rioja wine by the class on selected wines and 10% of all Rioja wine.
- On Tuesday 6th October, head to Keelham Farm Shop for an evening of Rioja Wine and delicious Spanish meats and cheeses with Conrado Herroro of Ontonan. The evening will take place from 6.30 - 8pm at the Skipton shop - for more information, please visit the website here. The following in-store Rioja tastings will also be taking place; every Saturday at the Thornton branch 1 - 6pm and every Fridays at the Skipton branch 1 - 6pm. Throughout both stores, there will also be discounts on Rioja Wine and food matches such as lamb with the butchers..
- On Saturday 10th October, head to Barrica Wines in Huntley’s Country Stores to sample up to 15 Rioja wines at the various tasting stations around the food hall. Here you’ll also get the chance to sample some delicious Rioja wine and food matches supplied by local deli Spanish Passion too.
- Edencroft Wines & Spirits, Cheshire, will be hosting in-store tasting every Thursday Friday and Saturday throughtout October as well as hosting a two Rioja dinners too. For more information, visit the website here.
- WineTime at Scatchards, Livepool, will be holding in-store tastings every Friday and Saturday of October as well as a tutored Rioja tasting n Tuesday 27th October at the Gentleman's club in Liverpool city centre. If that's not all, on Wednesday 28th October, they will also be hosting a Spanish dinner at local restaurant, Barbacoa. For more information and tickets, please visit the website here.
- Lancaster Wine Company, Lancaster, will be running in-store tastings for 24 people on the 16th, 17th and 18th October as well as an eye-opening Rioja tasting the weekend of the 24th and 31st too.
- D Byrne and Co, Clitheroe, Dram Shop, Sheffield, Mitchells Wine, Sheffield, The Porterage Co Ltd, Cumbria, Chester Beers and Wines, Chester and Yorkshire Vinters, Ripon will all be selling selected Rioja wines for a discounted price.
- York Wines will also be offering great discounts on selection of delicious Rioja wines.
- Across all stores, Adnams, Suffolk, will open to taste, free of charge on various Rioja wines as well as the return of the favourite 6 bottle Rioja case which will be available to purchase too.
- Cambridge Wine Merchants will be offering customers the opportunity to try a different Rioja wine in-store every weekend across all seven branches as well as serving some Rioja wines through Oenomatic Machines in the bar for customers to try.They will also be hosting a special Rioja night at the at the Cherry Hinton Rd branch with delicious food and wine pairings – stay tuned for more information on dates and tickets.
- Visit special Spanish Corner every Friday evening at The Wine Cellar, Colchester to taste some of the region’s best wines.
- Also in Colchester, The Wine Company will be hosting an exclusive Rioja Winemaker evening with the very special Bodegas Urbina on Friday 30th October – please note this is currently sold out.
- Check out Flag Ship Wines, St Albums, Wheelers Wine Cellars, Colchester and Thomas Peatling Fine Wines, St Edmunds, who will also be offering some great price reductions on selection white and red Rioja wines.
- Bedales Wines will be having a special Rioja tasting for customers at the Spitalfields store in late October – for more information and timings, visit the Bedales Wines website here. They will also be offering 10% off selected, on display Rioja wines and Rioja wine by the glass throughout the whole month too at all three branches.
- Blanco & Gomez Wine Merchants are hosting tastings on Saturday 10th October from 2pm and Saturday 24th October with a great range of delicious wines from the region.
- Check on Vagabond Wine Spitalfields store on Tuesday 27th October to create your own Pintxos and enjoy a Rioja flight with tasting cards and expert guide. Tickets are available here for £15 per person.
- Visit Vagabond Wine Charlotte Street store on Wednesday 28th October, for the extra special No sex, No drugs... Just Rioja and Roll. Here you'll be given a guided tasting exploring the different components and alcohol levels of 6 great Rioja wines from the region as well as cheese and charcuterie food matches. Tickets can be purchased here and are £40 per person.
- Highbury Vintners, on the Friday 9th October, 7-8.30pm are hosting a meet winemaker event with Pedro Urbina at Full of Beans Café with delicious wines, cheese and traditional charcuterie.Also pop in every Friday from 16th October – 30th October between 6-8pm for #FreeTastingFriday too to sample some new Rioja wines.
- Visit Moreno Wine every Friday in October for an instore Rioja tasting. Each week will be a different aspect of the region from white to classicifcation and bottle ageing to single varietal.
- Head to Park Vintners for a Cheese and Rioja Wine Tasting on Thursday 15th October, 8pm – tickets are available here for £20 per person.Here you can also enjoy a free Rioja wine tasting on Saturday 10th October, 17th October and 24th October as well as 10% of any 6 bottle cases of Rioja.
- The The Good Wine Shop will be holding Rioja tastings across all three branches on the 3rd - 4th and 17th - 18th October as well as 25% off all Rioja wine on any purchase of 6 or more bottles. On Saturday 24th October, they will also be joined by representative to Bohedal in the Kew branch from 1-3pm and 5-7.30pm.
- Visit Prohibition Wines, one of our Rioja Independent Retailers of the year 2014, on the 9th October, 5 - 7.30pm for a Rioja tasting with Christine Allen of Marqués de Murrieta. For more information, check out their website here.
- Berry Bros, City Wine Collection, Jerobams, Premier Wines, The Cheese and Wine Company, and Grape and Grain will all be offering discounts across selected Rioja wines too.
- Head to Rai Wine Shop, Birmingham for 15% off all Rioja wine throughout October as well as weekly Rioja wine tastings in-store too.
- Want to learn more about Rioja wine? Head to Loki Wines, Birmingham, on Wednesday 28th September for an exclusive Rioja masterclass - to purchase tickets, visit their website here.
- George Hill of Loughborough, Loughborough, Hawkshead Wines, Northampton, The Oxford Wine Company, Oxford, SH Jones, Banbury, Bicester and Leamington Spa, Weavers Wines, Nottingham and Wolseley Wine Loft, Stafford will also be offering customers the opportunity to purchase discounted Rioja wines
- Make sure you head to Hay Wines, Ledbury this month for discounts across selection Rioja wines each week from Whites to Reds and Rosado's too.
- In the West of the country, Tanners Wines, Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth, Hereford, Welshpool and Chester and The Clifton Cellars will all be offering customer’s price reductions on selection Rioja wines.
- All the Hennings Wine Merchants, Chichester, Goring, Petworth and Pulborough, branches will be having open Rioja wines week for customers to taste. Customers will also be able to 15% of all fully priced Rioja wines through October and online too.
- Le Vignoble, Plymouth, are hosting a tasting on the Thursday 15th October with an exclusive 15% discount on the night for any Rioja Roda wines – tickets are £20 and can be purchased here.
- At Avery Wine Merchants, Bristol, all branches will be having a Rioja tasting table as well as 5% off selection Rioja wines too.
- Palmers Wine Store, Dorset, will be showcasing Rioja wines in an Enomatic system throughout the month along with a Rioja themed tasting.
- Taurus Wines, Surrey, will be opening selected Rioja wines on Saturdays for customers to try before they buy. Make sure you purchase the exclusive Mixed case of rather good Rioja's too. Stay tuned as in late October, the shop will also be hosting a tasting from their vintage citroen H Van - visit the website for more information here.
- The Totnes Wine Company, Totnes, will be having a Rioja tasting table throughout the month of October along with a focus on both white and red Rioja wine.
- Retailers also taking place in the promotion in this region are Alexander Hadleigh Wine Merchants, Southampton, Christopher Piper Wines, Ottery Saint Mary, Le Vigneron, Bexleyheath, The Cave, The General Wine Company, Liphook and The Vineyard, Dorking.
- KVM Wines & Spirits, Newry, will be offering tasting each weekend of October as well as the chance to win some prizes and giveaways when purchasing Rioja wines.
- At JN Wine, Downpatrick, they are offering 15% off selection bottles of Rioja as well as holding Rioja tasting every Friday and Saturday of the month.
- GAPWines, County Antrim, are also taking part in the promotion and are offering reductions of selection Rioja wine.
- Mumbles Fine Wines, Swansea, will be having Rioja tastings every Saturday along with three Rioja masterclasses on Saturday 24th October.They have also teamed up with a local restaurant where Pedro Urbina of Bodegas Urbina will be presenting 9 of his wines with tapas food matches.
- Head to Ultracomida, Aberstwyth and Narbeth, for one of their formal house tastings where you can try a selection of Rioja wines.
- Other retailers taking place in the region are Cheers Wine Merchants, Fine Wines Direct UK and Gwin Llyn Wines.
- Pop down to The Great Grog, Edinburgh, every Saturday between 2pm - 6pm to sample some delicious Rioja wine in-store.
- Abbey Fine Wines, Melrose, Henderson wines, Edinburgh, Luvians Bottle Shop, St Andrews and Cupar, The Fine Wine Company, Edinburgh, The Great Grog, Edinburgh and Villeneuve Wines, Peebles and Edinburgh, will all be taking part in the Rioja promotion and will be offering customers a range of promotions and tastings with selected Rioja wines.