Shop Rioja – find out what’s going on in a Rioja retailer near you
Over 100 Rioja retailers from all over the UK are gearing up to host tastings, innovative food matching masterclasses and fun promotions to celebrate Spain’s flagship wine region – Rioja!
Check out what is happening near you….
- Laithwaites will be offering up to 50% off on single bottles of Rioja across its great range of producers and styles plus a free bottle of Rioja with every six bottles purchased. On top of that, you can add the Rioja ‘Good, Better, Best’ three bottle selection to any 12 bottles purchased for just £20. There will also be a free tasting weekend in stores on 15th-16th October with ticketed events in two London stores – Virginia Water and The Arch – hosted by award winning wine buyer Beth Willard on 20th and 27th October.
- WineTime in Liverpool will be having a big launch and tasting of Rioja wines on the 1st October. Dave Roles the representative from Bodegas Riojanas will be there to talk customers through the range. There will be discounts on Rioja and open tastings throughout October. For the rest of the month there will be open tastings and offers.
- Weavers of Nottingham will be displaying and lowering prices on a diverse range of Rioja wines which will all be available to taste throughout the month.
- Five Corks Out outlets based in and around Cheshire will be promoting Rioja wines throughout the month.
- York Wines in York, The Pip Stop in Maiden Law, Barrica Wines in Lancashire and Whitmore & White and Rodney Densem Wines in Cheshire will also be taking part in the promotion.
- Vino Vero in Leigh-on-Sea will be running a tasting evening on 20th October, as well as a Rioja bar takeover on 21st October. Members of the Vino Vero wine club will also be receiving a specially selected case of Rioja.
- Thomas Peatling Fine Wines in Bury St Edminds will also be taking part in the Shop Rioja promotion.
- Lea & Sandeman in London has lots going on from exciting instore displays to mixed cases of Rioja wine available to private and online customers. Keep an eye on the Lea & Sandeman website as more tastings and activities are revealed.
- Flagship Wines in St Albans will be hosting a Rioja and tapas evening at the beginning of the month as well as taking part with Rioja wines at the St Albans Food and Drink Festival Market on Sunday 2nd October.
- Blanco & Gomez Wine Merchants in London will be holding a tasting on Friday 7th October and then another later in the month. There will also be various offers on a selection of different Riojas – including a Crianza and a Gran Reserva.
- Moreno Wines, Park and Bridge, Aleksic & Mortimer, Organic Wine Company and Park Vintners in London are also taking part in the Rioja promotion.
- John Hattersley Wines in Bakewell, Derbyshire has plenty planned including over 20 Rioja wines available to purchase, many of which will be 10% off and tastings every weekend featuring a selection of different Riojas including a Gran Reserva and limited edition Reserva. As well as great offers, the team will be working with local restaurants and bars to offer special tastings and food and wine matching experiences.
- Vin Neuf in Stratford-upon-Avon Rioja will be running a Rioja tasting on 6th October and a pop-up tasting on 27th October, including several exciting new Rioja listings.
- The Wine Press in Stourbridge and The Oxford Wine company will be holding tastings throughout the month as well as discounts in-store and online.
- Further retailers taking part in the Midlands include Gerrard Seel Wine Merchants in Warrington, Amps Fine Wines in Oundle, Duncan Murray Wines in Leicestershire, and Leamington Wine Company in Leamington Spa.
- The Somerset Wine Company will have a Rioja themed barrel in store with tastings available on range of Rioja wines. On 20th October, Ned Llewelyn from leading fine wine importer Alliance Wine will be running a Rioja tasting for visiting customers.
- Le Vignoble in Plymouth has lots planned with a BBC radio Devon talk featuring Rioja on 1st October – be sure to listen out at 11am, a tasting for customers on 21st October at 7pm and eight Rioja wines available to sample in the enomatic machine every day for the whole month. On top you that, you can enjoy Rioja-focused talks, a 15% discount on any Rioja wine during the month, and free corkage when drinking a bottle of Rioja on Fridays during October.
- The Vineyard in Dorking will have a range of wines open to taste on Fridays and all day on Saturdays.
- The Vineking will be holding a winemaker dinner in its Reigate store on 5th October and in Weybridge on 6th October.
- Butlers Wine Cellar has an extensive plan of Rioja promotions, tastings and offers throughout October including two 'Try before you buy' tastings on 17th and 21st October and a Spanish wine tasting on 27th October.
- Alexander Hadleigh Wine Merchants in Southampton will have offers on a number of Rioja wines, and will be holding a tasting on the weekend of 15th October.
- Totnes Wine Company in Devon is offering special price promotions and giving daily tastings on a number of red and white Rioja wines.
- The Shop Rioja promotion will also be taking place at Christopher Piper Wines in Devon, Fareham Wine Cellar near Portsmouth, Fourth and Church in Brighton and Hove, South Downs Cellars in Hayward's Heath, Taurus Wines in Guildford, The Market Square Food and Wine in East Grinstead, Constantine Stores in Falmouth, and Great Western Wine in Bath.
- Belfast’s Direct Wine Shipments is hosting a Rioja versus Navarra tasting on 13th October and there will also be various in-store tastings, offers and competitions taking place throughout the month.
- O'Reilly Off-sales in Newry is also participating in Shop Rioja and offering discounts across its portfolio of Rioja wines.
- JN Wines is taking part in Shop Rioja in Downpatrick and KWM Wines & Spirits in Newry.
- Quintessential Wines in Dublin is taking part in the promotion, offering a range of discounts on its portfolio of Rioja wines.
Keep an eye on our calendar for all the latest activities here and pop along to your local wine shop today. Don’t forget to also share pictures of you enjoying Rioja wines throughout the month using #ShopRioja for the chance to win exciting prizes throughout the month.